BridgwaterMalta

Bridgwater-Marsa Twinning Association

Meeting

Thursday 28th February 2008

 

Present-Joseph Abela, Steve Gill, Colin Brown, Tricia Brown, Barbara Taylor, Steve Morgan, Pat Morgan, Ivana Hodgkinson.

Apologies-_Marion Maddison, Dave Perrin and James Morgan.

Report from Chair-SG had been in touch with a reporter from the Mercury Laura Nesbitt who was interested in doing a piece about the twinning. He had taken in some photos and a pack and explained PM had discussed with Francis Debono and he had given permission to use any of his photographs on our/Marsa’s Website.

Schools were discussed and Westover Green is interested but we need to know which year groups are involved at Wembdon School so they do not clash. SG has given folders to other schools but has had no reply. The mayors reception was discussed and was enjoyed by all PM has sent letter of thanks.

Correspondence- An invite has been received to attend the launch of the new Bridgwater Town council and Bridgwater Somerset websites. PM and SM had been unable to attend but sent email to apologies and suggested others in the group may like an invite.

Our mayor had given us information about Nether Stowey twinning 10year celebration with Theillay (France) that will be filmed by the Engine Room film makers .The date is 1st-4th May with a big celebration with roads closed in the village.

All members have been invited to the Mayors Charity Cabaret Night at the Arts Centre on Friday 28th March at 7.30hrs at a cost of £17.50 a ticket.

Secretary report-PM had sent a letter to the Mercury, Times and Western Daily Press to ask if there were any Groups who would be interested in being involved. To contact us via the website on her. We have had 7843 hits on the website.

Treasurer- not present.

Membership secretary-nothing to report.

AOB- we are still awaiting the sign to be put up at Marsa Way. CB and TB will visit and see if in place yet. When it is there we will need to drop leaflets to tell the residents where the road name came from. We will then need to make a date when convenient for the Mayor, to involve? Laura Nesbitt from the Mercury, Ivana may be able to bring some of her class, invite residents, and? The Somerset BBC Bus. Also to have some champagne to celebrate.

IH suggested that the Association pay for tickets to attend Mayors Cabaret night seconded by TB and agreed by all.

SG suggested that we add to the website an invite to join us CB suggested a forum and SG suggested that we encourage to support Malta’s Song for Europe. PM will ask JM to do it.

TB asked if we could have a team in the Wembdon Ladies Quiz night on Sat 1st 2008

PM ,SM, JM and IH will attend. It was thought a stand in Angel Place could raise our profile. Briefly discussed using our gaming licence to have another raffle?? June but would need prizes. Hold a Quiz night as people do enjoy them-would need someone to sort out questions and venue. To hold a social night when we could relax and enjoy conversation? SG to sort out.

Next Meeting

Wednesday 2nd April 2008 at 20.00hrs

31,Camden Road, Bridgwater TA6 3HB

Past Meetings